- Honorary Doctor of Science, California Polythenic State University, San Luis Obispo, June 2013. Keynote address: "Finding your calling."
- Selected for permananent representation as an American Artist in the Archives of Smithsonian Archive of American Art, 2010, http://www.aaa.si.edu/collections/Q.
- Exhibits Consultant: Smithsonian, National Museum of American Indian, "Born of Clay:" Ceramics of the Americas, Exhibition 2006.
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, Long Term Planning: "Chaco Exhibit"
- Judges Award, Non Traditional Ceramics (Polychrome), the Heard Museum Fair, 2005
- Non-Traditional Ceramics, 1st Place 2 Divisions (Polychrome), 2nd Place Southwestern Association for Indian Arts (SWAIA), Santa Fe Indian Market, August 2004
- Best of Non-Traditional Ceramics, 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Non-Traditional Ceramics Southwestern Association for Indian Arts (SWAIA), Santa Fe Indian Market, August 2002
- Best of Ceramics, The Heard Museum Fair, March 1998
- Member, Dean’s Advisory Council, School of Engineering, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, 1994 to 1996.
- Fulbright Fellow, Maori and South Pacific Arts/Te Waka Toi, 1991
- Commissioner, Arizona Commission on the Arts, 1991-1992
- Board of Directors, The Heard Museum, Phoenix, 1990-1992
- Board of Trustees/Vice-Chairman, Institute of American Indian Arts, Santa Fe, New Mexico 1988-1994
- Alumnus of the Year, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, 1989
- Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters, University of Colorado, May, 1986
- Ely S. Parker Award, American Indian Science and Engineering Society, 1986
- Board of Directors, NACME (National Action Committee on Minorities in Engineering), 1984-1986
- AISES Co-Founder and Founding Chairman, American Indian Science and Engineering Society, 1977 to 1980; Past Bublications Board, "Winds of Change"
- Popovi Da Memorial Award, Scottsdale National Arts Exhibition, 1976
- Patents, U.S. and foreign on Inertial Guidance Systems (IMU), 747, F-15; and other commercial and military aircraft and applications, 1966-Current